I mean, you can get a perfectly normal dog, or cat, and not have to deal with these issues....
|Wiggles parked by the model Dodge Viper GTS blue with white racing stripes. Can't tell if she is pretending to be a car, hiding from Connor or is just enjoying a newly found spot form a higher gazing point.|
- They may chew things like cords, and when one plugs in said cord unknown of its chewed nature, one may get zapped....
- They are not always good around kids since kids tend to scare them or hurt them or cut their ears off with scissors...yes, Ive seen this happen
- They are alert at night. They are most active during the night, but sleep most of the day/night
- They shed twice a year, sometimes more
- They hop, not walk like cats or dogs
- Rabbit savvy vets are not always easy to find
- Their poop is round
- You need to cut their nails.
- They don't always like being picked up
- They are 'prey' animals therefore get scared a lot
- Alfalfa, bunny kibble and treats....foods a rabbit must always eat
- They are really REALLY cute
- They practically come litter trained (rabbits like to do their business in one soft fluffy place)
- They can be affectionate like a dog or cat but don't need to be walked to poop like a dog
- They are really smart (more than given credit for)
- They are clean pets (as long as you are a clean human who changes a litter box once every couple of days or so)
- They HOP!
- They don't meow or bark
- Their food does not smell
- They are really friendly
- Super playful!
- Their poop is vaccumable and does not smell!
- They are not the normal cat/dog and have amazing personalities
- They will lick you when they are happy to show affection
- They beg for treats like cereal and hop at the excitement that you are by the fridge and might have something tasty for them
- They happy hop aka binky (google if you would like to see video)
- Fluffy, cute and adorable, but you can say that about any pet
- They don't have stinky smelly tuna or meat breath
- You can be around them while you are pregnant (unlike a cat)
- There are many out there waiting for adoption
- They are curious, funny, have an amazing range of personalities and come in all sorts of breeds!
- You don't chose them, they chose you
I'm sure Im missing a tonne of pros, but then I will get more on the emotional side rather than the factual.
|Connie and Wiggles feasting (hesitantly due to camera nearby) on the last bit of lettuce of the season. Yes thats lettuce, flowered. It pays to have a garden when you have hungry rabbits.|